Connect with us
SIS

Asia

1 dead as lawyer fights off ambush, runs down attackers

George Miller

Published

on

1 dead as lawyer fights off ambush, runs down attackers
Reading Time: 1 minute

MANILA, Philippines — One of three suspects who ambushed a lawyer in Quezon City early Tuesday morning, February 13, died when the intended victim fought back and later chased his attackers, running them down as they tried to flee.

Lawyer Arjel Joseph Cabatbat was driving his SUV from Greenhills and had turned right from EDSA to East Aveue when the gunmen, riding two motorcycles, drove up next to him and opened fire.

However, Cabatbata managed to fire back and, when his attackers drove away, chased them and ran down their motorcycles.

The gunmen riding pillion, who suffered the most serious injuries, were rushed to the nearby East Avenue Medical Center where one of them was declared dead on arrival. Authorities are hunting down the third gunman, who managed to escape.


A Philippine National Police identification card in the name of Police Officer 1 Mark Boquela Areyas was recovered from the dead suspect but Quezon City Police District director Chief Superintendent Guillermo Eleazar said they still need to check its validity.

The ID card recovered from the slain suspect in the ambush of a lawyer in Quezon City. (Hannibal Talete, News5).

Investigators are looking at the possibility the attack on Cabatbat was related to his work because the lawyer has reportedly received several death threat.

George Miller started his career in content marketing and has started working as an Editor/Content Manager for our company in 2016. George has acquired many experiences when it comes to interviews and newsworthy content becoming Head of Content in 2017. He is responsible for the news being shared on multiple websites that are part of the European Gaming Media Network.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Comments

Asia

Suncity Launches New VIP Club at Macau’s Rio Hotel and Casino

Niji Narayan

Published

on

Suncity Launches New VIP Club at Macau’s Rio Hotel and Casino
Photo Source: agoda.com
Reading Time: 1 minute

 

Macau junket firm Suncity Group has launched a new VIP Club at the Rio Hotel and Casino in Macau. It is Suncity’s 8th VIP Club in Macau. Rio Suncity VIP Club comprises a total of four VIP gaming rooms and 12 gaming tables.

The company made global headlines last week after Chinese media published an article accusing Suncity of signing up players who gambled in its Macau junket rooms to online gaming and proxy betting services. Both are banned under Macau and Chinese law.

In response, Suncity Group Chairman Alvin Chau Cheok Wa called a special press conference over the weekend at which he revealed Suncity would not conduct any gaming operations currently outlawed in Macau in any other countries and regions, even if those operations are legally allowed within those jurisdictions.

Continue Reading

Asia

Oriental Group Gets Approval for Developing Gaming Hubs to House POGOs

Niji Narayan

Published

on

Oriental Group Gets Approval for Developing Gaming Hubs to House POGOs
Reading Time: 1 minute

 

Oriental Group, the Asian-based online gaming giant, has got approval form PAGCOR, the gaming regulator in Philippines, to develop two hubs for the purpose of hosting accredited Philippine Offshore Gaming Operators (POGOs). The hubs will be based in Clark and Cavite.

The hubs will not only house the offices of accredited POGOs but also workers’ residences and relevant government agencies. The idea is to make it easier for PAGCOR to regulate the industry.

“We are making business more comfortable and easier for the operators by now licensing POGO hubs. Since it’s easier for us to regulate when they are in hubs, then there are some special privileges there like five-year licenses,” PAGCOR chair Andrea Domingo said.

According to Kevin Wong, General Manager of Oriental Game, the Clark hub which is covering an area of around 10 hectares is already operational and will be able to accommodate 5000 workers once at full capacity. The Cavite hub, which will cost Oriental Game Php8 billion (US$156 million) to build, will cover 20 hectares and house 20,000 workers.

Continue Reading

Asia

Sands China Launches Special Financing Support Programme for Local SMEs

Niji Narayan

Published

on

Sands China Launches Special Financing Support Programme for Local SMEs
Photo Source: sandschina.com
Reading Time: 1 minute

 

Sands China, the integrated resort developer and operator in Macau, has launched a special financing programme for its local SME suppliers, in cooperation with six local banks.

The new financing programme is part of Sands China’s F.I.T. initiative which offers Financial Support, Invitational Matching and Training and Development to local SME suppliers.

Through the Sands China SME Financial Support Programme, six local banks are offering special loans and credit to local SMEs who have contracts or purchase orders with Sands China. The goal is to support the development of local SMEs through faster, easier and more favourable bank financing loan products.

“Sands China is very pleased to be the first integrated resort operator in Macao to present this new financing program for our local SME suppliers. It is important for our company’s growth to go hand-in-hand with the growth of local businesses, and this latest initiative is part of Sands China’s ongoing and long-term commitment to supporting local SME suppliers. We want our presence in the marketplace to provide opportunities for smaller companies in Macao to benefit from the business opportunities that are created as a result,” Dr. Wilfred Wong, president of Sands China Ltd said.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
NSoft

Global Gaming Industry Newsletter – Weekly Digest (sent every Wednesday)

Please select all the ways you would like to hear from European Gaming Media and Events:

You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in the footer of our emails. For information about our privacy practices, please visit our website.

We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By clicking below to subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp's privacy practices here. Read more about European Gaming Media and Event's Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.

Subscribe to our News via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to our news and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Latest by author

Trending

Notice for AdBlock users

We are constantly showing banners about important news regarding events and product launches. Please turn AdBlock off in order to see these areas.