Connect with us

Industry News

Wynn Resorts board says NO to chairman candidate

Niji Ng

Published

on

Wynn Resorts board says NO to chairman candidate
Photo Credits: Wynn Resorts
Reading Time: 2 minutes

The board Wynn Resorts Ltd., which was mired in the controversy over sexual abuse allegations against its previous, has reportedly rejected the new chairman candidate. It is said that Elaine Wynn, the majority stakeholder, had proposed the new candidate. The filing to the US Securities and Exchange Commission, which revealed the development, did not identify the candidate proposed by Ms Wynn. A report by Bloomberg News identified the person as Phil Satre, the former chief executive of Harrah’s Entertainment, now called Caesars Entertainment Corp. He is currently chairman of casino equipment maker International Game Technology Plc.

The news agency said Mr Satre had confirmed to Bloomberg he withdrew his name from consideration for a Wynn Resorts board seat, but Mr Sartre did not provided further details about the matter.

Wynn Resorts is the parent company of Macau casino operator Wynn Macau Ltd. The parent firm has expressed interest in bidding for a potential casino licence in Japan.

In her latest filing, Ms Wynn stated that her proposed candidate was “extremely well-qualified”, having served “on the boards of at least six public companies, including as chairman of the board of three public companies, and has extensive credibility with gaming industry regulators”. The document added that the person was not a “close associate” of Ms Wynn.

The filing said: “the reason provided for [Wynn Resorts] board’s decision was that neither the nominating and corporate governance committee nor the full board wanted to bring in an outsider as a vice chairman, despite the candidate’s qualifications.”

Ms Wynn further added that, “in an effort to resolve differences between the company and herself, [she] had offered to sign a multi-year standstill in exchange for the candidate’s appointment as chairman.”

The filing stated that the candidate had “made a board leadership position (chair or vice chair) an express condition to his willingness to join the board, because he felt that a leadership role would be necessary for him to be in a position to help address the company’s regulatory issues.”

The document added: “While the board offered the candidate a board seat, the board did so knowing that it would not meet the candidate’s condition, and he declined.”

In the filing, Ms Wynn again called for all board members of Wynn Resorts to be elected annually. She also expressed concerns that the board “would do something inappropriate with respect to the terms of the departure of Kim Sinatra,” arguing that Wynn Resorts should seek advice whether to consider this a ‘for cause’ termination. Ms Sinatra will cease to serve as the company’s executive vice president, general counsel and secretary with effect from July 15.

Wynn Resorts has been under pressure from Ms Wynn, a co-founder of the firm, and from some investor advisory firms, to bring in new faces at senior level since the publicity given in January to allegations that former chairman and chief executive Steve Wynn had sexually harassed employees. The entrepreneur has denied the claims, and eventually left the firm in February.

The structure of the Wynn Resorts’ board has changed dramatically over the past three months, with 60 per cent of the directors that had been in place at the start of the year now having departed.

The casino company announced in April the appointment of three new directors for its board, all of them women.

Source: ggrasia.com

Niji has been in the writing industry for well over a decade or so. He prides himself as one of the few survivors left in the world who have actually mastered the impossible art of copy editing. Niji graduated in Physics and obtained his Master’s degree in Communication and Journalism. He has always interested in sports writing and travel writing. He has written for numerous websites and his in-depth analytical articles top sports magazines like Cricket Today and Sports Today. Besides reporting industry headlines from all around the globe, Niji is also head of the content management team at Impressions Content Management, based in Kerala, India, which offers writing and editing services to clients around the world.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Comments

Industry News

DAO.Casino is launching Sandbox for game developers

George Miller

Published

on

DAO.Casino is launching Sandbox for game developers
Reading Time: 2 minutes

 

Game developers will be able to become pioneers in the development of decentralized games for the gambling industry using DAO.Casino protocol.

 

On September 17, 2018, DAO.Casino is opening Sandbox for developers, independent teams and game development studios that choose to harness the power of the rapidly developing DApp industry.

Since Monday everyone may submit their application for Sandbox on the official Sandbox page.

The Sandbox project is designed by DAO.Casino developers. Participants of Sandbox will learn the basics of decentralized applications development on DAO.Casino protocol. Developers participating in Sandbox will learn to create, design and deploy decentralized games and applications on Ethereum blockchain.

DAO.Casino is planning to reward most active developers for their constructive feedback on the improvement and optimization of the SDK and related documentation. The company will separately announce the details of the rewards program later this fall.

“We are confident that the Sandbox project will play an important role in our collaboration with studios and independent game developers. We cannot wait to see our product helping developers unleash their creative and entrepreneurial talents and apply those to one of the most groundbreaking technologies of the XXI century. — states Ilya Tarutov, CEO, DAO.Casino. – I am sure that the products we’re developing will transform the online gambling into a fair and transparent industry for all of the involved parties: casino operators, developers, and affiliate marketers. “

“We are launching the Sandbox with the goal of enabling as many developers as possible to learn to create decentralized games. We have achieved an important milestone by starting to accept applications from developers all around the world who share our idea to make online gambling fair and transparent. With our technology, developers can take the whole gambling industry to the next level” – says Alexandra Fetisova from DAO.Casino.

DAO.Casino disrupted the online gambling industry in 2017 by starting the development of the protocol based on Ethereum blockchain technology. DAO.Casino protocol ensures the automation of transactions and facilitates interactions between all the industry participants: casino operators, game developers, and affiliate marketers. DAO.Casino team is fully dedicated to developing the best products and making the gambling industry a better place.

 

Continue Reading

Industry News

Big Time Gaming licences patented mechanic to Storm Gaming

George Miller

Published

on

Big Time Gaming licences patented mechanic to Storm Gaming
Reading Time: 1 minute

 

BTG licences its patented and trademarked MegaWays™ mechanic to UK-based developer Storm Gaming Technology Ltd

 

Pioneering online slot developer, Big Time Gaming, has struck yet another deal to licence its patented and trademarked MegaWays™ mechanic to Storm Gaming. Storm Gaming will be combining this with some of its brand licenses including I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here, The Chase and Tipping Point to take its slots to the next level and deliver a superior player experience. The partnership will allow Storm Gaming to design and develop its own games using MegaWays™, which debuted in Big Time Gaming’s Dragon Born over three years ago.

Blueprint, another licensee of MegaWays™ has had great success leveraging BTG’s ground breaking IP, and Storm are sure to follow suit with a range of interesting products penned for land-based and online deployment Q1 2019.

MegaWays™ is a random reel modifier system that allows any given spin to produce a different number of symbols across the reels, allowing players to experience a totally different game with every spin. Big Time Gaming has cornered the market with this innovation with games like Bonanza, White Rabbit and Extra Chilli, and will be launching Who Wants to be a Millionaire in November – the most anticipated branded slot launch in history.

Nik Robinson, Big Time Gaming CEO, said: “We’re looking forward to seeing how Storm use the MegaWays™ mechanic. Storm has some highly entertaining IP licenses that will work seamlessly with MegaWays™.”

Steve Murray from Storm Gaming, said: “The MegaWays™ concept is remarkable; it provides for and delivers exciting game play on a whole new level. “We shall be using MegaWays™ on new Storm concepts and licensed IP with a number of launches set for the coming months.”

Continue Reading

Industry News

ASA censors William Hill advertisements

Niji Ng

Published

on

By

ASA censors William Hill advertisements
Image Credit: Nintendo
Reading Time: 1 minute

 

UK’s advertisement watchdog the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has banned the advertisement campaign of William Hill. The authority deemed that the advertisement was served to under-18s after Google’s ad placement programme placed it in a Nintendo Mario Kart app.

The ad, which appeared within an app called New Mario Kart 8 Trick, advertised William Hill’s online “Vegas games,” followed by a button which said “Install.” The app had a PEGI rating 3 – meaning that it was considered suitable for all audiences.

William Hill said its Mario Kart brand is not targeted at children.

It said the game in which the ad was seen was based on Mario Kart and that Nintendo had reported that in 2017, 86 per cent of Nintendo Switch players were over 18 and that Mario Kart was one of the main games available on the platform. It argued that although the figures were subjective, it considered that it was a good indication that Mario Kart was used by the “older generation.”

However, the ASA suggested that its audiences included under-18s, and that gambling ads were not appropriate around related media. It told William Hill to ensure its ads had appropriate targeting in the future, and that “the ad must not be used again without further, specific targeting to minimise the likelihood of under-18s being exposed to it.”

William Hill said that it “would ever knowingly target children or people under the age of 18 and that their intention was always to advertise and market to consumers who were 18+.” The brand said that it had used Google’s Universal App Campaign and that it had minimal control over the placement of ads across the tech giant’s search, display network, YouTube and Play Store properties.

 

Source: 5StarMedia

Continue Reading
Advertisement
NSoft
Advertisement
BetConstruct

Subscribe to our News via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to our news and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Latest by author

Trending

We are constantly showing banners about important news regarding events and product launches. Please turn AdBlock off in order to see these areas.