KamaGames, the largest European social mobile poker operator, has today announced their 2018 end of year results.
In these latest results reflecting the 1st January – 31st December 2018 period, each quarter showed strong growth for KamaGames in comparison to the same period in 2017. This continued growth has led to gross revenue increasing by a total of 33% since 2017, growing from $57.5m to $76.4m.
KamaGames’ results are once again ahead of the overall social casino market trend as reported in the latest social casino rankings from Eilers & Krejcik Gaming. This report indicates an overall market growth of just 15% for 2018, less than half of the actual 33% growth experienced by KamaGames.
The number of DAUs of KamaGames’ titles also saw strong growth of 23.5% from 510k in 2017 to 630k in 2018.
These results mark the third consecutive year of significant growth in revenue for the company.
KamaGames attributes their continued success to a number of key executions and dedicated areas of focus which included;
- Personalized promotional campaigns for players which have resulted in the number of paying users, as well as the average revenue per paying user (ARPPU), increasing in 2018
- In June 2018, KamaGames began exclusive monetization through Unity Ads allowing the company to provide in-app rewarded video advertising across their entire gaming portfolio via the Unity Ads platform. This move boosted advertising earnings by 81% when comparing year on year
- A dedicated area of focus for KamaGames throughout 2018 was to improve player retention and session time. This was achieved by the daily engagement of players via the introduction of special event cycles, new mechanics and a number of new games being introduced throughout the year
- New additions to the KamaGames portfolio in 2018 included the launch of an all new Slots game featuring a variety of themed slots machines. The first half of 2018 also saw the launch of Set Poker, which was then followed by Split Bet Poker.
In the latter half of 2018, KamaGames also introduced another new game, 3D Craps. The introduction of Craps was a key element in enhancing the social experience for Pokerist users, which is an ongoing area of focus for the operator
- Finally, one of the most well received additions to the KamaGames portfolio in 2018 was the launch of Multi-Table Tournaments (MTT). As one of the most popular mechanics in real-money casinos, KamaGames was confident that the feature would have a similar effect on social casino players, which ultimately proved to be true as MTTs have now become a core part of users’ daily activity
Even after another year of strong results, KamaGames’ CEO Andrey Kuznetsov reveals that the company will not be complacent in the coming year as they have their eyes set on further growth. He says, “Throughout 2019 KamaGames will build on this impressive growth, which we are proud to report was double the growth of the overall market in 2018, by continuing to grow our social casino portfolio as well as entering new markets with regionally popular card games. We are also looking forward to being able to make a number of key partnership announcements with some well-known global brands through the year. 2019 is going to be another very exciting year for KamaGames”.
Kuznetsov continued, “App Annie predicts that, by the end of 2019, mobile gaming will continue to grow and reach 60% market share of consumer game spending. KamaGames will be a significant part of this growth and are committed to further improved user retention and engagement in our gaming portfolio but the continued creation of quality, innovative content, the personalization of game events and the increased socialization between players.
For more information on KamaGames and its portfolio of products visit www.KamaGames.com.
For more information, contact
Director of Global Communications & Content
KamaGames is the largest European social mobile poker publisher and developer, with over 630,000 daily active users. Established in 2010 and employing over 250 staff, KamaGames has its corporate headquarters in Dublin, Ireland as well as offices in London and Dubai.
The flagship title, Pokerist, has been the #1 grossing app in 101 countries on the App Store and one of the top 5 grossing apps in 45 countries on Google Play.
In 2017, our gross revenue increased by 63.4% year on year to $57.5 million compared to $35.2 million in 2016. The number of daily active users grew by 36% with the average revenue per paying user growing by 30% in the same period. 2018 saw gross revenue increase from $57.5m to $76.4m.
IGT Earns Top Score in Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2023-24 Corporate Equality Index
International Game Technology PLC (IGT) announced that it received a top score of 100 on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation’s 2023-24 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), the nation’s foremost benchmarking survey and report measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+ workplace equality.
The 2023-24 CEI includes 1384 participants and showcases how US-based companies promote LGBTQ+ friendly workplace policies in the US and abroad. The educational arm of the nation’s largest LGBTQ+ civil rights advocacy group, the HRC Foundation rated businesses on detailed criteria across four central pillars:
- Non-discrimination policies across business entities.
- Equitable benefits for LGBTQ+ workers and their families.
- Supporting an inclusive culture.
- Corporate social responsibility.
“IGT being recognized once again with a top score in HRC’s 2023-2024 Corporate Equality Index demonstrates our commitment to delivering an inclusive workplace culture where LGBTQ+ employees are welcomed and valued. Over the last few years, IGT has implemented a variety of important policies, practices, and benefits to make IGT a more inclusive employer for LGTBQ+ professionals, elevate company-wide allyship, and support IGT’s objective of continuous DEI learning and improvement,” said Brian Blake, IGT Vice President, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
“For well over two decades, businesses have played an important role in furthering LGBTQ+ equality by centering employee needs and voices when it comes to workplace inclusion. While there is much more work to be done, year-over-year growth in CEI participation is evidence of a business community that recognizes the responsibility and value in upholding equity and inclusion. Our goal at the Human Rights Campaign Foundation is to work in a spirit of partnership with companies, providing educational resources, leading benchmarking, and collaborating on ways for businesses to support the LGBTQ+ community,” said RaShawn “Shawnie” Hawkins, Human Rights Campaign Senior Director of Workplace Equality.
Since 2018, when IGT created the Office of Diversity & Inclusion (now the Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion), the Company has implemented a range of programmes, policy and systems changes, and leading practices that have promoted all dimensions of diversity to make it a more attractive and inclusive employer. These actions include:
- Implementing more inclusive and equitable hiring processes, including utilising LGBTQ+ job boards to post positions.
- Creation and support of employee-led and executive-sponsored Employee Impact Groups (EIGs) to work cohesively with IGT’s DEI team and support the development of new programming and policies.
- Facilitating mandatory and elective employee training courses that help support IGT’s diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, including training on unconscious bias, cultural awareness and harassment.
- Establishing gender transition guidelines to best support an employee and their manager, human resources business partner, or an employee’s dependent who is transitioning.
- IGT’s commitment to LGBTQ+ employees extends to the Company’s global offices and facilities through its transgender-inclusive restroom/facilities policy and gender-neutral dress code policies.
- The voluntary option for employees to personally select and share their preferred pronouns. Respecting and creating space to recognise gender identity is a core element of DEI at IGT.
Genius Sports Launches FanHub ID, the First Unified Fan Identification Solution for Advertising
Genius Sports, the global leader in sports data and technology, launched an innovative new identification solution, FanHub ID. The privacy-compliant solution uses proprietary online and offline data signals to build fan-based profiles, giving marketers and content owners new opportunities to reach and measure engaged sports audiences at scale.
With an innovative approach to activating sports-based identity signals powered by AI-based technology, Genius Sports will offer its customers the ability to reach audiences on and offline. Leveraging the Genius fan-based identity graph, Genius Sports puts the power back into the hands of the marketer and content owner to reach, engage, measure and capture audiences across channels in an always-on ecosystem. The new FanHub ID revolutionises sports advertising and marketing by offering a single, unified profile for millions of sports fans, enabling customers to find their audience in contextually relevant content across programmatic and digital channels.
“Sports fans make up the world’s most passionate audiences, but marketers and content owners still struggle to identify, measure, and engage their fan personas. FanHub ID gives them the ability to activate fan data to enable long-term loyalty,” Manny Puentes, GM of Advertising at Genius Sports, said.
The new technology will be rolled out and made available to all existing Genius Sports customers. The key benefits of FanHub ID include:
- Sports content owners can better understand and engage their fans to generate incremental sponsorship dollars.
- Fanbases can finally be found across multiple marketing channels and reached with privacy-compliant personalised messaging.
- A single, unified profile for millions of sports fans enables brands to run relevant ad campaigns to specific sports audiences based on their individual interactions and preferences.
“FanHub ID drives immediate impact to current Genius Sports customers by helping them better understand their audience and extend their sponsorship dollars beyond their owned and operated content. Sports content owners will finally have the insights they need to drive deeper engagement and find the most valuable fans of the future,” Josh Linforth, Chief Revenue Officer at Genius Sports, said.
Experts from Las Vegas and Macau to Appear at Arabian Business Casino Countdown Conference
Some of the world’s biggest casino bosses from Las Vegas and Macau have been confirmed to speak at “Casino Countdown,” the first-ever Arabian Business Conference to focus entirely on gaming. The event will take place at The Atlantis, Royal on January 25 next year, from 9 am.
The stellar line up is being led by Debra Nutton, an industry legend with experience working at MGM, Bellagio and Wynn Resorts. She will deliver a keynote on the opportunities and challenges the industry faces, along with revealing the best practices and innovations the ecosystem will need to keep in mind.
Also confirmed to speak is Alex Dixon, the President and CEO of Q Casino and DRA. Another industry legend who worked in Las Vegas, Dixon has previously held senior leadership roles at MGM Resorts International, Caesars Entertainment Corp, and Goldman Sachs & Co. Dixon will delve into the financial intricacies of the gaming landscape, while outlining the investment model and prospects for potential operators, including the positive economic impact on local communities.
The UAE announced this year the appointment of its first-ever gaming regulator – the General Commercial Gaming Regulatory Authority (GCGRA) – and regulations are set to play a key part in any growth of the industry.
One of the world’s most renowned lawyers in gaming, Antonio Lobo Vilela, is flying in from Macau to speak on the topic. He previously played a key role as the senior legal adviser to the Macau Gaming Commission, where he oversaw the first gaming concessions in the special administrative region. Vilela will deliver insights into successful regulatory models and best practices, while touching on the trends of gaming regulations worldwide.
The event will also have a special focus on technology including the opportunities in the thriving world of Web 3.0. The UAE is a global pioneer in this field, with Dubai already unveiling a plan to become a hub for metaverse development. One leading firm in this arena, metaverse-focused specialist Megavrse, will showcase how consumers will be able to experience gaming virtually, and the impact this could have for the ecosystem both in the region and further abroad.
Other key speakers will be announced in the coming days.
Expanse Studios Forges Super Prospective Media Partnership with SlotsOnlineCanada.com
NRM Group restructures and rebrands as Boomerang Digital
BOS rejects the government’s proposal to raise the gambling tax
UNITED KINGDOM TO HOST 2024 PUBG MOBILE GLOBAL CHAMPIONSHIP
FSB strengthens leadership team with Craig Artley appointment
Week 49/2023 slot games releases
Stretch Network: Online Cash Fest Vol 2 Launch
Stats Perform Extends Exclusive Official Rights Partnership with WTA to Distribute Enriched Data and Live Streams of its Recently-Enhanced Tour to Sportsbooks
Smartsoft has officially stepped into the digital sponsorship role for the Argentine football team
Wazdan Thrives at SBC Latinoamerica: A Remarkable Journey of Networking and Innovation
Gaming Americas Weekly Roundup – November 6-12
Nordcurrent Acquires River End Games from Amplifier Game Invest
Genome Partners with Gamingtec to Enhance iGaming Financial Services
HungryBear – real-money Slot Masters Q&A
Exclusive Q&A w/ Ivan Trancik, CEO and Founder of SuperScale
A year to remember: Evoplay’s landmark 2023
Eastern Europe7 days ago
7777 gaming goes live on Superbet, Romania’s premier online operator
Gaming Awards7 days ago
SOFTSWISS Becomes iGaming Brand IDOL 2023
Compliance Updates6 days ago
Videoslots awarded Swedish licence extension
Industry News4 days ago
ANJ Publishes a Study to Evaluate the Illegal Online Gambling in France and Gain a Better Understanding of Consumer Practices
Balkans6 days ago
EGT Digital’s Jackpot Top Seller Clover Chance is Live on Everbet
Gambling in the USA6 days ago
Gaming Americas Weekly Roundup – November 27-December 3
Baltics6 days ago
PopOK Gaming games are now certified for Lithuania
Industry News4 days ago
Booming Games’ Art and Dev Team Begins Work on Ronaldinho Games