Connect with us

Asia

Macau’s Draft Gaming Bill Outlines Tighter Control of Casinos, Junkets

Published

on

Reading Time: 2 minutes

 

Macau’s Legislative Assembly has published the draft of a highly anticipated gaming bill on Tuesday that gave details on the Chinese territory’s goal of tightening its grip on casino firms and reining in so-called junket operators.

The proposed changes, which need legislators’ approval to become law, mark the biggest reform in two decades for the world’s biggest gambling hub in terms of money wagered and lay the ground for multibillion-dollar casino operators ahead of the expiration of their licenses this year.

The 44-page draft document – published in Chinese and Portuguese – comes after the government announced on Friday that the number of new licenses would be capped at six and the license term halved to 10 years.

The licences of the six operators, Wynn Macau, Sands China, MGM China, SJM Holdings, Galaxy Entertainment and Melco Resorts, are all due to expire in June. The government said all existing or potential operators need to apply through a new tender process.

The draft bill aimed to provide clarity on the role of the junket operators, middlemen tasked with bringing in high-rollers from mainland China. If approved, casino operators would no longer have dedicated junket rooms, and revenue-sharing arrangements between the two parties would be prohibited.

Macau will continue to issue junket licenses to approved VIP promoters but will restrict them to only operating in one concessionaire. Previously, Macau junkets were allowed to operate in all operators with multiple rooms. This is likely to further dilute their influence.

While a proposal for a government official to directly supervise the casinos was dropped after feedback from the operators, casinos will be subject to a review every three years when the city’s gaming regulator will examine their “contractual compliance in general”.

Each license holder will have a 30% cap on the number of shares that can be publicly listed while any major financial transactions must be communicated to authorities. The government said it has the right to terminate a casino’s contract for reasons including public interest or breaching its obligations.

Casino operators will have to draw up a plan to promote responsible gambling, while there will be a maximum number of gaming tables and machines each license holder will be allowed to operate, according to the bill.

The draft detailed what would be expected of new licensees, including support for local small- and medium-sized companies, activities of “public interest” and support for fields including science and the environment.

Asia

React Gaming to Offer LOOT.BET Esports Wagering Skin via HHRP in the Philippines

Published

on

Reading Time: < 1 minute

 

Generationz Gaming Entertainment, a subsidiary of the React Gaming Group, has signed a white label revenue sharing agreement with HHRP Inc to operate LOOT.BET’s esports wagering platform in the Philippines, pending successful certification of the LOOT.BET platform by Gaming Laboratories International.

“We are thrilled to have HHRP as a partner for the Philippines market, HHRP being one of only four companies holding online gaming licences in a country of more than 109 million people,” Laurent Benezra, President and CEO of React Gaming, said.

“This agreement is part of our two-pronged growth strategy to expand LOOT.BET’s reach into the B2C and B2B markets. The advantage of the B2B market is that LOOT.BET’s platform will be offered to established customer bases, thus involving no customer acquisition cost on our part. Our partner will offer our white-label platform as its own to its customers and we will receive a portion of the revenue generated when those customers use the platform. The more popular our platform, the more revenue it will generate. The great thing about this model is that we can replicate it in multiple markets and with multiple online gaming providers at minimal cost,” Laurent Benezra added.

Continue Reading

Asia

BetMakers Signs Agreement with Royal Sabah Turf Club

Published

on

Reading Time: < 1 minute

 

BetMakers has signed an agreement with the Royal Sabah Turf Club to provide its solutions to the Malaysian racecourse operator and its betting network.

Through the five-year deal, BetMakers will deliver a tote betting system along with content management services at the Tambalang Race Course and the Royal Sabah’s off-course betting network, via its Global Tote and Global Racing Network divisions.

BetMakers will be the exclusive rights holder for races held at the Malaysian club within both Tote and fixed-odds markets. BetMakers owns Global Tote, which it acquired from Sportech last year. Global Tote will deliver the Quantum to the Royal Sabah Turf Club as a SaaS solution, which will provide the club with the operational tools and training to distribute races to racetracks licensed by betting operators worldwide.

Lance Ku, Director of Sales & Business Development Asia for Global Tote, said: “Global Tote is very pleased to extend and grow our partnership with Royal Sabah Turf Club. The Global Tote solution offers advanced capabilities and features that will help them deliver a fantastic customer experience.

“Combined with Global Racing Network’s professional content management solution, Royal Sabah has a powerful route by which to pursue opportunities for growth.”

Datuk Peter Chin, Chairman of Royal Sabah Turf Club, said: “We have been very pleased with the services we receive from Global Tote and having the ability to turn to BetMakers for both our betting technologies and services, as well as for content distribution management, offers Royal Sabah Turf Club the most efficient, effective means by which to reach new markets for our racing, new content for our customers, and new revenue streams.”

Continue Reading

Asia

Mayhem Studios announces its first Battle Royale title

Published

on

Mayhem Studios announces its first Battle Royale title
Reading Time: 2 minutes

 

“Underworld Gang Wars” or UGW, which revolves around the rivalry between two gangs, launched through India’s largest drone show designed for a game reveal

 Mayhem Studios, India’s first studio for AAA games has announced its first title “Underworld Gang Wars” (UGW), a Battle Royale game set in India. With the characters and plot rooted in India, the game promises an exciting setting with some interesting characters inspired by stories of India.

Set in a truly Indian plot, the locations, the gangs and the icons represent an Indian context in a AAA game for the first time. The theme, weapons, and the maps of the game have been designed to offer a unique experience to the gamers.

The gameplay becomes intense in UGW as the underdog gang from the West wants to take control of the Eastern region from its arch-rival urban gang.

To provide an authentic experience, each region depicted in the game resembles a real location in India, be it the coal mines or the next-door apartment complex. It also has iconic landmarks including a fort, station, stadium and a racecourse.

Scheduled to be launched later this year, the game’s pre-registration window will open from 22nd May.

Commenting on the announcement, Ojas Vipat, CEO of Mayhem Studios, said: “We are thrilled to come up with the first Battle Royale Title that promises to offer one of the most relatable storylines for gamers. UGW’s unique locations and the highly relatable universe with great graphics are sure to provide a great experience for Battle Royale players. We are also excited to put together a blockbuster game with some unique stories of India for the world.”

Mayhem Studios has conducted India’s biggest game reveal through a drone show at Mumbai’s Mahalaxmi Racecourse. Through this drone show, the studio revealed the game logo and also created a QR code that directed the onlookers to the game teaser.

The event was also attended by leading gaming influencers and enthusiasts like Tanmay Bhat, Mortal, Scout and Dynamo Gaming.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
EvoPlay
Advertisement
Advertisement

Subscribe to our News via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to our news and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Trending

Notice for AdBlock users

We are constantly showing banners about important news regarding events and product launches. Please turn AdBlock off in order to see these areas.