Football for Friendship eWorld Championship to be held for the second time in F4F World multiuser simulator
The Football for Friendship eWorld Championship (eF4F) will be taking place for the second time at the end of May. After sports fans from over 100 countries took part last year, 211 countries and regions will be represented this time round.
The important events in Gazprom’s International Children’s Social Programme Football for Friendship (F4F) will be taking place in a digital format this year too because of the pandemic. Following established tradition, a few highlights are being organised to take place in Istanbul, the host city for the final of the UEFA Champions League, from 28th to 30th May.
The 2021 Football for Friendship eWorld Championship (eF4F) will take place on the multiplayer simulator Football for Friendship World (F4F World), which was specially developed for F4F. International team matches can be organised on this platform in real time. The individual users, each of whom is a player on the team, come from different countries. The team consists of a goalkeeper, a defender, two midfield players and two attackers. There is also a trainer and some substitutes. A game runs for 2 halves of 3.5 minutes.
Since 19th April, football academies all over the world have been invited to nominate girls and boys aged 12 to 14 as players. The draw that will put the kids into International Teams of Friendship will be in the middle of May. The Football for Friendship eWorld Championship (eF4F) will take place from 27th to 29th May.
The winners of the 2020 Football for Friendship eWorld Championship were the team “Granular salamander”, whose players came from Bosnia Herzegovina, Kazakhstan, Latvia, the United Arab Emirates, Russia, and Turkey. In the course of the final events in the 8th season of “Football for Friendship”, a new GUINESS WORLD RECORDSTM title was set for the most users in a football video hangout. This year too F4F is aiming once more to set what would be a third GUINESS WORLD RECORDSTM title.
Since December 2020, F4F World has been available to anyone interested, outside of the eF4F tournament as well, free of charge in 27 different languages. An exciting match, in which the Nine Values of Football for Friendship: friendship, equality, fairness, health, peace, devotion, victory, traditions, and honour, are emphasised, awaits F4F World players. The particular features of F4F World include an original, hand-drawn design, a unique profile modification function, the option of playing in various divisions and leagues, of founding one’s own club or of inviting randomly selected players from around the world to take part in the match. In addition, participants can design their own player as they wish. For example, the players’ hairstyles show the colours of their respective national flags. The 2021 version will also offer some new features like training sessions. The F4F World game is available on MS Windows, Apple MacOS and iOS and was developed by the company DataArt.
Andrey Trusov, DataArt: “It was very interesting and motivating to have the opportunity to contribute to the development of F4F. For me, it was a new experience that there is such a competition for children – one that also promotes values like friendship, fairness, and peace. My colleagues and I engaged very intensively with the whole F4F concept in order to be able to give it form and expression in virtual reality.”
About the programme:
The International Children’s Social Programme Football for Friendship has been run by Gazprom since 2013. Over the previous eight seasons, the programme has brought together over 15,000 participants from 211 countries and regions and over 6,000,000 supporters.
Young Players and Young Journalists are the participants in the programme – boys and girls aged 12 including children with disabilities. Young Players represent different countries and cultures united in the mixed teams of the Football for Friendship World Championship. They show that nationality, gender, and physical abilities aren’t a barrier to becoming a team. Young Journalists cover the events of the programme in the International Children’s Press Center. All participants become Young Ambassadors of the programme and continue to share their Football for Friendship experience and promote universal human values: friendship, equality, fairness, health, peace, devotion, victory, traditions, and honour.
In 2020, Football for Friendship was held online. A special digital platform connected over 10,000 players of all ages. It has become the home for international children’s competitions and a playground where anyone can train, join in the international mixed teams and play their favourite game in the Football for Friendship format without leaving the comfort of their home.
The MGA publishes its 2022 Annual Report and Financial Statements
The Malta Gaming Authority (MGA/Authority) is publishing its Annual Report and audited Financial Statements for the financial year ending 31 December 2022. In addition to outlining the performance of the Maltese gaming business in 2022, the report gives a broad summary of the Authority’s accomplishments during the year under review and offers a medium-term outlook for the future. A thorough report outlining key statistics for the land-based and online gaming industries is then presented.
- 28 compliance audits were conducted and 228 desktop reviews were carried out during 2022, accompanied by additional AML/CFT compliance examinations that are carried out by the FIAU, or by the MGA on its behalf. Following information which emerged from compliance audits, compliance reviews and formal investigations, the Authority issued 10 warnings and cancelled six (6) licences. In addition, the MGA issued a total of 16 administrative penalties as well as three (3) regulatory settlements, with a collective total financial penalty of €179,150.
- A total of 25 licensees were subject to remediation and/or administrative measures by the FIAU, ranging from written reprimands to administrative penalties, based on the breaches identified during examinations carried out in previous years, including by the MGA. In total, these amounted to just over €738,000.
- Six (6) individuals and companies were deemed by the Fit & Proper Committee to not be up to the Authority’s probity standards due to various factors, including due to the risks of money laundering or funding of terrorism.
- Forty-one (41) gaming licence applications were received during 2022. Thirty-one (31) licences were issued, while twenty-one (21) were unsuccessful.
- Over 1,500 criminal probity screening checks were undertaken on individuals, shareholders and ultimate beneficial owners, key persons and other employees, and companies from both the land-based and online gaming sectors.
- The Authority conducted 48 interviews with prospective MLROs and key persons carrying out the AML/CFT function to determine the knowledge and suitability of each candidate.
- The Commercial Communication Committee of the MGA issued a total of nine (9) Letters of Breach following breaches of the Commercial Communications Regulations (S.L. 583.09).
- In its efforts to protect players and encourage responsible gambling, the Authority supported a total of 5,280 players who requested assistance, covering most of the cases received during 2022 and the spill-over from 2021.
- The MGA conducted 85 responsible gaming-themed website checks, through which 38 URLs were found to have misleading information. This led to 17 notices being published on the MGA website, and 30 observation letters that were sent out reflecting responsible gaming issues.
Improvements in Efficiency and Effectiveness
- The Authority commissioned a sectorial skills strategy to address the gaming industry’s challenges with respect to the ongoing demand for qualified and skilled human capital, which increased significantly as the economy grew and diversified into numerous sectors.
- Consultation exercises were conducted with industry stakeholders regarding the bets offered by licensees – with a focus on sports integrity and player protection considerations – on the proposed amendments to the Player Protection Directive (Directive 2 of 2018), and on the proposed policy on the use of Innovative Technology Arrangements (ITAs) and the acceptance of Virtual Financial Assets (VFAs) and Virtual Tokens, which led to amendments and a finalised Policy, respectively.
- The Authority streamlined the approval process of appointing an MLRO in collaboration with the FIAU while, at the same time, ensuring that the industry is kept updated on any changes affecting this process and on any best practices that are intrinsic to the role of the MLRO.
- The concept of Agreed-Upon Procedures (AUPs) Reports was introduced, covering player funds and Gaming Revenue. Audit firms are drawing up these reports in compliance with the ‘International Standard on Related Services (ISRS) 4400 (Revised) Agreed-Upon Procedures Engagements’.
- The MGA kickstarted a process for possibly implementing a voluntary Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Code of Good Practice for the industry to showcase and increase the positive social and environmental impacts of the gambling sector.
National and International Cooperation
- Throughout 2022, the Authority issued 43 news items on its website and 26 external communications, providing a synopsis of various updates and developments at the Authority and across the industry.
- A total of 224 alerts were sent to the industry, 167 of which were also sent to the appropriate Sports Governing Bodies.
- A total of 44 requests for information specifically relating to the manipulation of sports competitions or breaches in sports rules were submitted by enforcement agencies, sport governing bodies, integrity units, and other regulatory bodies. As a result of such requests, data was exchanged in 25 instances. Additionally, a total of 475 suspicious betting reports from licensees and other concerned parties were received.
- During the period under review, the Authority was a direct participant in 15 different investigations across the globe relating to the manipulation of sports competitions or breaches in sports rules, as well as an indirect participant in 3 such investigations.
- The Authority received a total of 83 international cooperation requests from other regulators and sent 97 such requests, with the majority referring to requests for background checks as part of an authorisation process.
- A total of 177 official replies were issued providing feedback on the regulatory good standing of our licensed operators to the relevant authorities asking for this information.
- The MGA works together with other local regulating authorities and governing bodies. This is reflected through responses furnished by the MGA to requests for information made by the Asset Recovery Bureau (ARB), the FIAU, as well as the MPF on the gaming sector. Additionally, the relevant information is provided to the Sanctions Monitoring Board (SMB) to assist in issuing penalties in instances of non-compliance with sanctions screening obligations.
In publishing this report, the CEO, Dr Carl Brincat said: “This report is testament to our collective efforts in promoting a fair and sustainable gaming ecosystem. Through proactive measures and leaner regulation processes, we strive to ensure a level playing field that nurtures innovation while safeguarding against any potential risks.
“As the global gaming landscape evolves, our role becomes even more critical. We embrace this responsibility with utmost determination, working tirelessly to stay ahead of emerging trends, technologies, and challenges. We remain steadfast in our pursuit of robust frameworks that inspire confidence, protect vulnerable individuals and render Malta the home for gaming operators of good will.”
Week 22/2023 slot games releases
Here are this weeks latest slots releases compiled by European Gaming
Pragmatic Play, provides a swarm of wilds and fruity fun in Sticky Bees. Set across 7×7 reels, symbols including strawberries, watermelons and oranges must form an adjacent matching cluster of five or more symbols to award a win. These are then removed from play causing a tumble of new symbols to fall from the top of the game board which can grant additional winning opportunities.
MGA Games, expands its casino slots game offering with new titles from its international high-performance Megaways product line, under license from Big Time Gaming (BTG). MGA Games online casino partners can now play 777 Caliente, a new slot game set in the underworld, full of mystery and adventure where important prizes are hidden.
The strategic alliance between MGA Games and R. Franco continues with the launch of El Habanero, the Mexican-themed 3-reel wrestling slot game. This is the seventh Recreativos Franco’s land-based games to be included in the MGA Games online catalogue, and from May 29th, it will be available to all online casino operators in the Spanish market. El Habanero is an emblematic product whose land-based machine game is still on the market found in restaurants.
Both the sun and a full moon have risen to reveal a brand-new Game Engagement Mechanic (GEM) from Yggdrasil, the leading iGaming publisher, in Ragnawolves WildEnergy™. This Norse mythology-themed game is heavily inspired by the myth of the young pups Sköll and Hati, in their cursed chase for chariots of Sól and Máni. They and their powerful father Fenrir were feared by the gods and were consequently imprisoned by Odin in Asgard. The god cast a spell on the young wolves, and they were doomed to constantly chase the sun and moon.
Premium slots and table games provider, Habanero, has unveiled its luxurious latest release, The Big Deal Deluxe. Immersing players in a Las Vegas casino, the feature-rich game is played out centre stage in a Great-Gatsby inspired suite. Set across 5 columns and 3 rows, The Big Deal Deluxe features an array of luxury items and Vegas casino staples as its symbols, including watches, sportscars, rings, a casino entrance and poker chips at the base game.
Expanding its footprint, Pascal Gaming has added a new line of Slots to its gaming suite. 6 brand new slots – Jumbo Diamond, Drago Flame, Wild Clubs, Dogo Fortune, Mexicano & Crazy Mummy – come in classic lines, all set to deliver a memorable gaming experience. What could be more spectacular than watching animals hunt for diamonds in the jungle? Jumbo Diamond is indeed a great way to enjoy gameplay! With its colourful design, this appealing Drago Flame promises to bring a lot of fun and big benefits. Wild Clubs is a perfect entertainment for those who want to be the star of a famous cabaret stage. In Dogo Fortune, players witness the lavish lifestyle of wealthy Dogo, hence becoming a part of his story. Mexicano features the main hero singing Mexican serenades to his late love. Here Mexican culture – music, heroes and traditions – is revealed in all its true colours.
Endorphina, has announced the release of its latest online slot game – Multistar Fruits. This new shimmering game promises to offer players an exhilarating gaming galactic experience with its stunning graphics and exciting features. Endorphina is known for creating high-quality games that offer players a unique and unforgettable gaming experience, and Multistar Fruits is no exception. This 3-reel 3-row slot with 5 paylines is designed with a classic fruit theme. Players will find juicy symbols such as grapes, cherries, lemons, plums, oranges, and watermelons.
Greentube, is inviting players to a dystopian world full of engaging features and futuristic winning chances in its latest release, Cyber Wildz. Taking center stage in this sci-fi adventure are Kray-Z the Reaper and Y-Pout the Assassin, who award multipliers on reels that are set in a fictional city under bright neon lights. Kray-Z the Reaper acts as the title’s multiplier wild, increasing rewards by x2, x3 or x5 should she appear on a win line during base gameplay.
R Franco Digital, Spain’s leading gaming provider, is inviting players to conquer the prairies in its latest slot release, Buffalo Park. Taking players on a 5×3 reel adventure, the game’s slick environment depicts a wild North American national park as buffalo stampede. With eagles, wolves, bears and buffaloes as the game’s iconic symbols, players must form matching combinations in the base game, while wilds appear in the form of the park’s gate and can substitute for other symbols on the board to help secure a win.
Push Gaming adventures into the glorious days of the Roman empire in its historically-inspired release 10 Swords. Emperors, legionnaires, helmets and more complementary thematic symbols fill the slot’s 5×3 reels, which must form a matching combination across 20 paylines to award a win. These are joined by a wild which substitutes for any of the famous Roman icons making it easier to create a win.
Wizard Games is set for an adventure across the plains of Canada in its latest launch, Majestic North. The 5×4, 1,024 payline slot sees the reels filled with animals that roam the wilds, including Owls, Eagles, Elk, Wolves and Grizzly Bears that act as the highest paying symbols. Three or more Golden Maple Leaf scatters will launch the Majestic Free Spins mode, awarding up to 20 free spins. If you manage to land more scatter symbols during this feature, you can potentially receive an extra 20 free spins.
Belatra Games, has announced the launch of its tasty new slot hit, Wild Fruit Jam. Players will be champing at the bit to get stuck into this new game which is jam-packed with a wide variety of fruits and berries, including watermelon, plums, cherries, lemons, grapes, and many others. These vibrant symbols make the playing field pop off the screen and will have slots lovers salivating for more.
Booming Games is taking players to the top of Mount Olympus where they can stand face to face with Zeus, the god of lightning and big wins, in the latest blockbuster slot to leave the provider’s production line. Power of Olympus is a 7-reel, 7-row video slot that summons the will of the gods through Cascading Reels with Cluster Pays – when five or more symbols match and form a cluster horizontally or vertically, the player wins. But that’s not all…
Gaming Corps, the up-and-coming Swedish games developer, invites players to join the hunt for big wins in its biggest launch to date, Luke E. Chance and the Book of Luck. Set in Egypt in front of the Great Pyramids of Giza, the game allows players to assist Luke E. Chance; a hero on a mission to find anything of value that can be donated to reputable museums for all to enjoy.
Play’n GO brings players back to Asgard in the sequel to their popular online slot, Viking Runecraft, in the thunderous Viking Runecraft Apocalypse. The devious Loki has switched his allegiance yet again, and this time he’s set his sights on the home of the gods. His determination to conquer Asgard and claim it for himself means that the gods are going to have their work cut out for them. It seems that they’re going to need some help…
OneTouch has released God Hand Feature Buy, a reboot of one of its hottest titles, offering players a chance to pay tribute to the Athenian deities. In the feature-filled game with no reels or paylines, various coloured orbs are revealed from the rubble of smashed boulders hurled from above by the gods which can award wins up to 100x. With a strike of Zeus’ lightning, the chances of revealing the high paying symbols becomes even greater.
IGT Propels Leadership in Sweden via Three-Year Contract Extension with Svenska Spel
International Game Technology PLC announced it signed a three-year contract extension with AB Svenska Spel (“Svenka Spel”) to continue providing leading-edge video lottery technology and services including the INTELLIGEN™ central system, more than 4,000 Quasar™ Video Lottery Terminals (“VLT”), high-performing games, award-winning IGTPay™ cashless technology and more. This contract extension will run through January 2027.
“Given the critical role that IGT has played in Svenska Spel’s continued growth and modernization, we are pleased to guarantee our partnership for an additional three years,” said Ola Enquist, Business Area Manager Casino Cosmopol & Vegas, Svenska Spel AB. “IGT provides the ideal content, technology and services that enable Svenska Spel to responsibly grow our enterprise and engage our guests with next-generation experiences and future-forward innovation.”
“IGT and Svenska Spel have a proven approach for serving the Swedish market, and we look forward to building upon that foundation and helping Svenska Spel achieve its growth targets for three additional years,” said Mark MacCombie, IGT Senior Vice President EMEA Gaming. “Svenska Spel’s focus on superior player experiences and their willingness to adopt new technologies complement IGT’s leadership in innovation. This is evidenced by more than a decade of shared success and deployments such as Svenska Spel’s IGTPay-powered cashless solution.”
The MGA publishes its 2022 Annual Report and Financial Statements
Week 22/2023 slot games releases
IGT Propels Leadership in Sweden via Three-Year Contract Extension with Svenska Spel
Lorgar Cup: the Ultimate CS:GO Tournament for Aspiring Gamers
NeoGames’ Aspire Global and its Leading Product Suite Now Live with Metropolitan Gaming
CasinoBeats Summit achieves a momentous triumph by doubling its numbers
EUROPE’S TOP EA SPORTS FIFA 23 PROS FACE OFF IN $280K eCHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINALS ON JUNE 7 IN ISTANBUL
SOFT2BET PARTNERS WITH RAW ARENA TO OFFER INNOVATE THEIR GAMES CATALOGUE
NuxGame Bolsters Payment Processing With CoinPayments Integration
Blocktrade Launches New Gamified Universe to Transform How Users Engage with Digital Assets
Hipther Introduces Rite NRG and Darek Hiliński
BETSSON GROUP AND BETSAFE NOMINATED FOR THE BALTIC AND SCANDINAVIAN GAMING AWARDS
Gaming Americas Weekly Roundup – May 1-7
PandaScore BetBuilder goes live with Ladbrokes Australia
London Blockchain Conference: Where iGaming Meets Blockchain Technology
EGT Romania’s Exciter IV Offers Fabulous Gaming Experience
Latest News5 days ago
Top Tips for Assessing iGaming Platform Quality
Central Europe6 days ago
Hipther’s Autumn Flagship Event Rebranded to GamingTECH CEE – Don’t Miss the Early Bird Offer!
Latest News6 days ago
Where will Jordan Pickford go if Everton is relegated? Online Sportsbook Cloudbet Says All Odds Point to Tottenham
Gaming Awards6 days ago
The winners of the 2023 Game Developer Awards are in
eSports6 days ago
Bollywood stake in Indian Esports; actor Tiger Shroff invests in Revenant Esports
Industry News6 days ago
IGSA Celebrates 25th Anniversary
Baltics6 days ago
Betsson Renews Sponsorship with Lithuania’s Basketball Men’s Team
Asia6 days ago
Meet BetConstruct at G2E Asia in Singapore