As part of Red Bull Campus Clutch, the largest global VALORANT competition for students, the Red Bull Gaming Sphere London is set to host the UK Finals on Sunday 20th November, which will see four teams battle it out for a place at the Grand Finals in Brazil. The Finals will be streamed on the Goose House, hosted by Matt ‘Twiggy’ Twigg and Vicki “Gottmoxi” Johnson.
Red Bull Campus Clutch gives student VALORANT players an opportunity to compete on a world stage, in one of the most exciting games to watch in esports. Open to all college and university students worldwide, players can represent their campus and put their skills on display, with the chance to play on the global stage.
Over 80 competing student teams from across the UK have been whittled down to just four for the LAN semi-final stage, with the final UK winner invited to compete in the World Final competition phase and compete for a grand prize of €20,000.
- Red Bull Campus Clutch is a global 5v5 VALORANT tournament, open to university students from over 50 countries.
- In the UK, over 400 players in 81 teams have battled across regional qualifying rounds to reach the UK Final, with four qualifying winners earning a place at the Red Bull Gaming Sphere in London for the LAN Finals.
- The four qualifying winners – Just Essentials, Last Dance, Birmingham Bulls and Casa Norturna – will battle in a best-of-three format at the Red Bull Gaming Sphere, in a North and South semi-final before a final showdown, with the eventual UK winner earning their spot in December’s Red Bull Campus Clutch Grand Finals in Brazil.
- Giving wiiings to student gamers across the UK, Red Bull and National Express also toured Bristol, Edinburgh and Warwick university campuses to offer students a pop-up VALORANT experience. The VALORANT shooting range test challenged students at each university to set high scores, with each winner winning two tickets to December’s Red Bull Home Ground in Manchester, including complimentary National Express travel and hotels.
- National Express is the official UK public transport partner for Red Bull Campus Clutch. As the UK’s number one coach company National Express is helping qualifying competitors travel to the UK final by offering free travel on its UK network.
- Several global partners are supporting Red Bull Campus Clutch this year, helping bring the latest and greatest hardware to competitors. Intel NUC, SteelSeries and AGON by AOC all return to the tournament. As PC Partner, Intel NUC, renowned for packing high-powered gaming rigs in small form factors, will support with their top-notch Gaming PCs. SteelSeries, the worldwide leader in gaming and esports peripherals, is the official Peripheral brand of Red Bull Campus Clutch and will equip students with award-winning gaming headsets, keyboards, and mice. And the official Monitor Partner, AGON by AOC will once again provide high-performance gaming monitors for the event
Everything you need to know ahead of Red Bull Home Ground!
Red Bull Home Ground, the pro-VALORANT Invitational will see eight of the world’s elite teams battle it out at Victoria Warehouse, Manchester to be crowned champions from December 9th-11th.
Here is all you need to know about Red Bull Home Ground:
An official part of the VALORANT Champions Offseason Tournaments, Red Bull Home Ground is returning to the vibrant city of Manchester for its third iteration and will see eight of the world’s elite teams battle it out to be crowned champions from December 9th-11th 2022 in front of a live audience.
For the first time, teams from North America will be eligible to enter and face off against the top EMEA teams. Teams will battle it out over three days of intense gameplay in front of a live audience at Victoria Warehouse in Manchester. The tournament will also be streamed live across Red Bull’s Twitch and YouTube channels.
With last year’s reigning champion Team Liquid returning to defend their title against Team Vitality, Heretics, FUT Esports and FOKUS Clan, the tournament boasts an impressive roster of competing teams. For the first time Red Bull Home Ground has expanded beyond EMEA to include teams from the Americas, including the likes of 100 Thieves, Cloud9 and KRÜ Esports.
Elevating the tournament, renowned VALORANT host Yinsu Collins returns to Red Bull Home Ground, leading the competition alongside a star-studded line up of broadcasting talent. Providing insight and commentary throughout the tournament, these casters include Mitch “Mitchman” McBride, Tom “Tombizz” Bissmire, Ryan “RyanCentral” Horton, and Adam “Dinko” Hawthorne. Beatriz “kaquka” Alonso and Connor “Sliggy” Blomfield will also be providing insight as the tournament’s analysts. An official part of the VALORANT Champions Offseason Tournaments, Red Bull Home Ground will also feature special guest appearances from G2 Gozen.
Schedule & Format
- Friday December 9th: Starting at 13:00 GMT, the Red Bull Home Ground Group Stage will see all eight teams compete in three best-of-three matches. Winners of each group advance directly to the semi-finals, with 4th place in each group eliminated from the competition.
- Group A
- Group B
- 100 Thieves
- Team Liquid
- FUT Esports
- Saturday, 10th December: Kicking off at 13:00 GMT the Playoffs will feature two best-of-three Quarter Finals, and the first best-of-three Semi Final.
- Sunday, 11th December: The Red Bull Home Ground Finals will begin at 13:00 GMT, starting with the second best-of-three Semi Final before the final two teams will battle it out in a best-of-five Grand Final to determine who will lift the Red Bull Home Ground trophy.
- Team Liquid
- Team Vitality
- 100 Thieves
- FOKUS Clan
- FUT Esports
- KRÜ Esports
Broadcast talent (English speaking)
Commentators (rotating paris):
- Vincent “Zescht” Talmon-Gros
- Christian ‘Lythi’ Körner
- Pavlos “ExWarrior” Georgiou
Saturday & Sunday
Stage Host & Interviewer:
- Yinsu Collins
- Pair one:
- Mitch “MitchMan” McBride
- Tom “Tombizz” Bissmire
- Pair two
- Ryan “RyanCentral” Horton
- Adam “Dinko” Hawthorne
- Beatriz “kaquka” Alonso
- Connor “Sliggy” Blomfield
Where to watch:
The competition will be broadcast live from the O2 Victoria Warehouse on twitch.tv/redbull and youtube.com/redbullgaming. Red Bull will be hosting a watch party for the finals at the Red Bull Gaming Sphere in London on December 11. Red Bull Home Ground is also partnering with Pixel Bar, the video game cocktail bar, to host official Red Bull Home Ground viewing parties on 11th December at both its locations in Manchester and Leeds.
Red Bull Home Ground will be streamed live from Red Bull’s Twitch and YouTube channel across the three days.
Check out redbull.com/homeground for more information.
IESF Held Presidential Elections During World Esports Championships Finals
The International Esports Federation (IESF) held its 15th General Assembly (OGM) during the World Esports Championships Finals in Bali, Indonesia, on December 6, 2022. 126 delegates from 112 countries took part in the largest-ever IESF General Assembly.
At the OGM, the presidential and board member elections for the next three-year term were conducted today in Bali, Indonesia. Vlad Marinescu was re-elected as president with 65 votes, 0 against in a secret ballot vote and 4 abstentions, in his favor. United Arab Emirates’ candidate and board member Sheikh Sultan Bin Kalifah Al-Nahyan withdrew from his candidacy before the vote. Marinescu first stepped into the role of President in 2019 and was re-elected in December 2020.
IESF is the only international esports federation that holds democratic elections every three years. At the OGM, IESF elected and welcomed three new board members; Flip de Bruyn from Namibia, Lance Mudd from the United States, and Lukasz Klimcyzk from Poland, and re-elected for second term Tiago Fernandes from Portugal and Constantine Surkont from Russia.
President Vlad Marinescu said: “I am thrilled to be re-elected as president of IESF. My goal is to unite the whole esports family and push esports even further. I thank you for your trust, and I promise you that we can and we will create even bigger and better things in esports. I couldn’t have done this without all of you, so let’s continue to be united and change the world.”
Mobile Global Esports subsidiary signs 6 collegiate winners of MOGO National Championships to exclusive esports professional contracts
Mobile Global Esports Inc. (MOGO) (NASDAQ: MGAM), the esports and social platform company driving collegiate esports tournaments, college teams, players streamers and platform development in India, today announced that its Indian operating subsidiary – MOGO Esports Private Ltd. – has signed the six winners of the MOGO National Championships to exclusive esports representation and tournament development contracts.
The MOGO National Championships comprised over 200 colleges and universities divided into 4 zones competing over the November 2021 to April 2022 season with the finals held at Lovely Professional University in the Punjab where the Mumbai University ‘Sharks’ claimed the coveted Indian national championship prize. Under the terms of their contracts, Mumbai Sharks and MOGO team members Yash Sapra, Sumukh T, Ishan Shukla, Naman Ranawat, Tanish Patra and Gourav Singh receive monthly compensation and will henceforth be representing MOGO in various games at esports tournaments.
“Before the MOGO National Championship we announced that we would sign the winning athletes and we are proud to bring these winning athletes onto the MOGO team,” said Sunny Bhandarkar, CEO of the Mobile Global Esports subsidiary MOGO Esports Private Limited. “We will be working with them and future MOGO athletes to help develop their esports careers and continue to grow the esports universe in India and beyond. We want to create more esports superstars in India and aspire towards taking India to the number one gaming nation position in the world. We were pleasantly overwhelmed by the response we got for the national championships and we will soon be publishing our upcoming collegiate tournaments information.”
“We are thrilled that we have become the first university team to sign with MOGO,” said Mumbai University’s Yash Sapra. “We are very pleased with the support, but even more so the opportunity to work with the professionals at MOGO in developing our futures in esports not only as competitors but also on the business and tournament organizational fronts. We are thankful to the entire team of MOGO for the work they have been putting in and also the vision they have with regards to esports in India. This will motivate us to further hone our skills and perform better.”
Kinetix launches world first user-generated AI-powered Emotes for gaming & metaverse
Blueprint Gaming flaunts its talent with Ballin’
GAMZIX HAS JOINED THE DIVERSE QUANTUM GAMING PORTFOLIO
IMG ARENA to acquire Leap Gaming, enriching sports betting content portfolio
Seven in Ten Brits Think Placing Compulsory Health Warnings on Betting Products Would Fail to Tackle Problem Gambling
AUSTRAC Launches SkyCity Adelaide Penalty Proceedings
Unveil the treasure in 3 Oaks Gaming’s latest release Hit more Gold!
More CT Interactive Games and Jackpot with Certificate for Spain
Exclusive interview: Superlotto kicks off the World Cup in Africa!
Crypto, Instant Withdrawal and Security Features – How the iGaming Industry Is Modernizing
Superlotto Games boosts pan-African reach with GOAT Interactive
PRAGMATIC PLAY EXPANDS SOUTH AFRICAN FOOTPRINT WITH WORLD SPORTS BETTING
SoftGamings Expands Its Footprint with a Romania License
Vibra Gaming expands global reach with Groove
The TIGA Games Industry Award Winners 2022 are revealed!
ZeroFlucs Appoints Benjie Cherniak as Strategic Advisor
eSports6 days ago
World Esports Championships Finals Begin with Spectacular Opening Ceremony
eSports7 days ago
The World Esports Championships 2022 Are Officially Open!
Latest News7 days ago
Jeremy Wilson’s Book About Cycling Great Beryl Burton Scoops World’s Most Valuable Literary Sports-Writing Prize
Compliance Updates7 days ago
GGPoker Obtains German Gambling License
Latest News6 days ago
“Cheer for those who cheer for us”: FAVBET calls on Ukrainian football fans to support Ukraine’s allies at the 2022 World Cup
Latest News7 days ago
SOFTSWISS Jackpot Aggregator Announced New Campaign with Spinago
Latest News7 days ago
QUANTUM GAMING ENRICHES ITS OFFER WITH NEW BELLAGIO SERVICES GAMES
Latest News7 days ago
QTech Games bolsters its premier platform with AvatarUX